Thursday, April 2, 2009

Three Wishes

If you had three wishes what would you wish for? This is a ponderable essay question that changes for me from day to day. There are days when I feel more compassion for my fellow man and would wile away my wishes helping people regenerate new livers, find kidneys and heal their health problems. Today I'm feeling more selfish.
In the sleep deprived state I am currently writing under, my choices may not make much sense and in a few weeks I will probably wish to amend them.(And I will.) Sitting here today, coffee in hand and facing a grueling day of putting on my happy face and being a people person because that's what I get paid to do, here are my three wishes.
Wish #1: I wish it were financially possible for me to be a fulltime housewife. There are lots of women who probably share my dream. I rue the day those doggone women's libbers screwed me out of my free ride. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is the reason I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I want to stay home. But hey, who doesn't?
Wish #2: I wish I had a new Easter dress which will also be worn to weddings this coming summer. In the 10 years I have been married I have not once bought a new Easter dress for Easter Sunday. At best I have some very nice bridesmaid's dresses that sometimes double as my Easterwear. Stacy & Clinton would burn them, they are from the mid 90's. I wouldn't mind burning them either. And new shoes to go with the new dress. My shoes are as old as my dresses. They should never be allowed out of my closet but sometimes.......
Wish #3: I wish I had compression hose. Yes. Old people stockings. I think it would feel fantastic on my old tired legs and maybe help the blood get back up into my heart. My varicose veins would cheer. I'm not sure if I would like the knee highs or the famous T.E.D. hose thigh high's, hospital issue. At any rate, it would have to help.
And those, my friends, are my three wishes du jour. Pathetically sad, but true. Stay tuned, I'm sure I'll have three different wishes in a few weeks.

No comments: